As we all know, insurance program owned by the Social Security Agency (BPJS) consisting of 2 (two) products, i.e: (i) Manpower Social Security Agency (BPJS Ketenagakerjaan) and (ii) Healthcare Social Security Agency (BPJS Kesehatan). These products have its own characteristics and benefits. Before explaining further, we inform you that the product of Healthcare Social Security Agency exists under the Law Number 40 of 2004 concerning National Social Security System, Law Number 24 of 2011 concerning Social Security Agency (BPJS) and Presidential Regulation Number 109 of 2013.
Healthcare Social Security Agency protects the health of the employee in a company so that the employee will have a protection upon their healthcare and health protection. Before, Healthcare Social Security Agency was named Askes (Health Insurance) under PT Askes Indonesia (Persero), and during 1st of January 2014 PT. Askes Indonesia was converted into Healthcare Social Security Agency.
Therefore, every company in Indonesia is obliged to register their employee in the above mentioned program. In this article, however, we will only describe you on the Healthcare Social Security Agency, particularly concerning registration procedure and its amount of premiums.
As a company/business entity you should register all of your employee and their family members, by directly come to the Healthcare Social Security Agency’s office or by utilizing their online registration system. You must fulfill the following documents:
- Registration form for business entity or legal entity;
- Employee’s and their families member personal data in accordance with the format as determined by the Healthcare Social Security Agency such as Identity Card (KTP) and Family Card (Kartu Keluarga);
- Attaching the company’s Taxpayer Number (NPWP);
- Attaching the company’s Deeds of Establishment and its Amendments;
- Attaching the Company’s Business License (SIUP);
- Personal photo in size of 3cmx4cm, in two copies for the registered employee.
After the registration process completed, the company will receive a virtual account number where any payment of premiums must be conducted under this account through Banks which already establish a cooperation with the Social Security Agency.
A payment receipt of premiums obtained from the previous process must be handed over to the Healthcare Social Security Agency for the printing of the National Social Health Insurance (Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional/JKN), or by self-printing from the electronic system with the company user name which provided previously.
The amount of premiums of the Healthcare Social Security Agency and how it is calculated also need to be observed by the company. The premiums for the employee Healthcare Social Security Agency is 5% (five percent) from his/her basic salary and this must be incurred by the company and the employee. From such amount of 5%, each company and employee must pay for the following portion:
- Company in the amount of 4% (four percent); and
- Employee in the amount of 1% (one percent).
A registration in the Healthcare Social Security Agency for employee shall not only covers the employee itself, but also covers for his/her family members. The family members that can be covered by the Healthcare Social Security Agency is limited to 4 (four) person, under the following criteria:
- Legal spouse of the Healthcare Social Security Agency participant;
- Biological children, step children and/or a legal adopted children that are not or have not yet married or does not have their own income, have not yet reached 21 years of age or have not yet reached 25 years of age for them whom still continuing their formal study.
Therefore, if a company has already registered their employee in the Healthcare Social Security Agency programme, then basically the company has already provided the rights of its employee to an access of a guaranteed healthcare system.
HOW CAN SMART ASSIST YOU?
To ensure a smooth business operation and compliance from the legal perspective, but also still focus on maintaining your business in Indonesia and reach your revenue target, it is recommended for you you to find capable and trusted lawyers or legal consultants for advice and assistance in ensuring your legal compliance with prevailing laws and regulations.
SMART Consulting is an Indonesian Corporate Legal Services firm. We have assisted local and multinational companies in handling and advising regarding their corporate matters and compliances.
Contact Us Now to get your legal solution for your business goals, and still comply with the prevailing laws and regulations.